Thursday, October 15, 2009

Baby, did you forget to take your meds?

Last night, on the second night of my post-wisdom teeth removal recovery, my face decided to swell up like a balloon... and my left cheek decided to bruise... and the real pain finally decided it wants to unleash its wrath on me.

I'm stupid and stubborn, and I didn't pick up my Tylenol 3 prescriptions from the pharmacist. The first night wasn't bad at all, and I figured I could get by with extra strength advil and such... but holy shit was I wrong. Last night, after taking an advil extra strength and a Tylenol cold I woke up at 4 in the morning, in ridiculous pain. I walked around the house shivering either because I was cold or because I was in so much pain. I couldn't tell which it was. I looked around trying to figure out when the pharmacy would open. That's how desperate I was to get my meds. I saw I had four more hours to endure.

I put an ice pack on my face and took another advil. When the pain finally calmed down somewhat I fell asleep.

This morning I walked over and picked up my Tylenol 3s and with the advice of the concerned looking pharmacist took two. Now, half an hour later, I feel amazing. I feel so so good.

Now I'm a happy looking chipmunk.


penguinone said...

hahaha yay for meds! This post made me happy.

I'm glad the pain has subsided. Is the bruising better too?

I've been downing Neo Citron the past couple days trying to fight off an annoying cold. And before this I was on Benadryl a lot.

I like thatlazy feeling I get when I'm medicated.

I think this quality makes me prone to addiction lol.

Glad you feel better!!!

Cansu said...

LOL aw chipmunk. I bet you're a cute chipmunk :D

Although this comment is 2 days late, I'm glad you're feeling better.

BrightenedBoy said...

When I had my wisdom teeth out they gave me a pretty strong narcotic, but I can't remember what it was now.

I, too, looked like a chipmunk, and actually took a chipmunk photo that became my Facebook profile picture.