Monday, June 22, 2009

On a hot summer's day...

Orhan's random food/recipe entries may have inspired this sudden need to talk about a little snack I had alongside with my dinner tonight. Sadly, I was hungry as hell and ate everything before I had a chance to take a picture... so I have to supplment with an online pic. I promise to take pictures next time.

On a hot day nuts might not be the most appetizing of things in the world... and to solve that problem, the Middle Easterners decided to add fresh walnuts to some good old plain yogurt. Some people add honey to taste, although I've never tried it.

Walnuts are packed with lots of protein, vitamins, and omega acids, so If you ask me I think you should give this little snack a try. :)

2 comments:

Me said...

I'd hit that!

Woozie said...

I don't like nuts :(